Wednesday 1 April 2009

Pizza Express



As my classmates and I walk through the O2 center after viewing the Bodyworlds exhibit we find ourselves hungry and discussing lunch. Here's how the following conversation went:

Zoe- "I saw something about a two-for-one some where over here if we use our tickets to the exhibit".

Isabelle- "Maybe it's at the the Pizza Express"

Me- "I've never eaten at Pizza Express before"

Grace- (who up until this point had been quiet about lunch options), "You've ever eaten at Pizza Express! Well, welcome to London!!!! We HAVE to eat there for lunch if you've never been- it's the best!"

As we arrived at Pizza Express we were delighted to see that there was in fact a two for one deal happening so we sat ourselves down, and I for one, prepared to be amazed.

Pizza Express is a chain pizza place but not in the same vein as say Pizza Hut or Domino's. The menu listed many fresh ingredients, I could see the pizza guy behind the counter making our pizza and the cut flower on our table was real (hey, that says a lot in my book). I ordered something along the lines of a nice veggie pizza with olives, peppers, artichoke hearts, pesto and a gentle smear of tomato sauce. Plus, they served this amazing chili oil to go along, which I tried very hard not drown my pizza in. The crust was thin and crunchy and there was clearly more going on in the dough than just water, yeast and flour. Grace ordered a pizza absolutely covered in rocket (arugula) and ham which looked amazing. In fact, everyone's pizza looked lovely and I have been told to come back and try their amazing salads. I don't do much eating out in London but Pizza Express is certainly a place I would go back to. It was also one of the first times that my fellow students and I got to have a nice outing outside of the Pilates studio at Laban. We finished our day together fighting a bit of traffic then a nice walk through Greenwich (see previous post).

Here is a picture of the four of us taken by the waiter. Don't let the smiles fool you, just because we look happy and have just eaten a plate full of pizza does NOT mean we don't have bulletproof cores and legs that can snap steel bars in half. That's part of our training- looking innocent while planning our attack.



And here is Isabelle, clearly oblivious to the fact that I'm taking a picture of her. When she saw the picture, she exclaimed (in her incredibly lovely French accent), "Alexandra! You cannot post that picture. It looks like I'm holding my boob! Ok. Now. Put the camera away."



Sorry Isabelle.

No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon